Monday, April 23, 2012

All About My Bloggy Friends

Today, my class had a delicious day of learning thanks to Amy Lemons from Step Into Second Grade.  I began my Math class this morning reviewing Area and Perimeter.  I used Amy's lesson from her Shapin' Up Unit.  The students created shapes using Cheese-its, drew the shapes, and found the area and perimeter of their creations.  It was SO much fun!  :) 




Then in Reading class, we started our Earth Day unit.  We are reading nonfiction articles about Earth Day, earthworms, etc.  (I will blog more about that tomorrow).  But anyway, in Writing class, I continued our study of Earth Day with a how-to writing activity also from Amy Lemons- How to Make Dirt Pudding. Let's just say, I didn't hear any whining about having to write.  The kids really liked this activity.  For the rest of the week, we will work on editing, revising, and publishing our pieces.  The packet had a cute little craftivity to go along with it, but I am not sure if we will get around to that or not.  I'll keep you posted.  :) 




Another thing I wanted to let you know that my bloggy buddy, Rebecca Sutton, from Teaching First, is having a HUGE giveaway!  She has 20% off at her store until Thursday and she is giving products away from her store to three lucky winners!  Read more about this giveaway.  You won't want to miss out!

Last, but not least, all of you that are fans of my monthly Daily Fix-It products will be happy.  I posted the May packet yesterday.  You can pick up this packet by clicking on the picture below. 


I will post more about my Earth Day Activities later this week!  Stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love all the ideas we come across in blog land?!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, Teri! I get lots of great ideas from you too! I am super excited about your burgerlicious craft. I will be purchasing it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete