Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Greek Mythology Fun

Today we worked on our culminating project for our Greek Mythology unit. The kids made trading cards for their favorite Greek characters. They had SO MUCH fun! Today the kids kept telling me, "Mrs. Shelby, this has been the best day ever!" I asked why and they said, "These trading cards are SO fun!" One of the kids told me that he appreciated the opportunity to "visualize" the characters we have talked about in class. Yes, he used those exact words! I was thrilled that he had actually been paying attention in Reading class all year and remembered that reading strategy. Kids say the funniest things. Anyway, here are a few pictures of what the kids came up with. We are going to finish the project tomorrow.







Here are the directions for the Greek Mythology Trading Cards. This is actually included in my Greek Mythology unit, but I thought I would share this particular activity with you. The adorable graphics are from Melonheadz Illustrating. She does a fantastic job! She designed the clipart specifically for this unit and I could not be more pleased.






To purchase my entire Greek Mythology unit that is aligned with the Common Core Standards, click here. The unit is actually on sale right now! :)






Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment