Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year's Resolution!

One of my New Year's resolutions was to start blogging. I know it's probably kind of a silly thing, but I have learned so much and gained so many valuable ideas from searching other teachers' blogs. With that being said, I decided to join the "blogging world." I am SUPER excited! I wanted to start on January 1st, but I spent several days searching for the perfect blog template. I definitely have to put in a plug for "Dreamlike Magic" which is where I purchased this template. Alicia was GREAT! Not only did she create this adorable template, but she offered great customer service. If you are interested in starting a blog and are looking for that "perfect" template, I definitely recommend checking out Alicia's Etsy site.

I am starting a new unit on penguins with my fourth graders next week. I will post pictures of that as we go. We are actually going to spend a week reading nonfiction articles (gotta meet those core standards) and the following week are going to begin a book unit on Mr. Popper's Penguins. I can't wait! Be looking for pictures of all of our fun activities starting next week.

I do have a classroom website that I keep as well. If you check out the following site, you can see some of the creative activities we have done this school year.
http://mrsshelbysclass.blogspot.com/

Many of the activities you find on this site, can be purchased on TPT and TN stores. :)

Well, I think that is all the rambling I can do for the moment. Once I get the hang of all this blogging, I will start giveaways from my TPT store. So, check back often or better yet, follow my blog. Start following now so you can say that you started following me at the very beginning of my journey. LOL!

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment