Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Taste the Rainbow!

For the last couple of days, we have been learning how to find the mean, median, mode, and range of a set of data in math class. These are fun concepts to teach, but not always the easiest for the kids to understand. What better way to reinforce a math concept than with candy? Skittles to be exact. I SO wish I could take credit for developing this lesson, but I did not. As I have mentioned before, I am A HUGE fan of the gals over at Lesson Plan SOS. This AWESOME lesson came from their TPT store. It was a great purchase and I would HIGHLY recommend this lesson if teaching mean, median, mode, and range are skills that you are working on with your students. To purchase this lesson yourself, click here. It's totally worth the $1.50. Check us out in action! Look how engaged these kiddos are. They LOVED this lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment